分享《勇敢的心》華萊士的戰前的勵志演講稿
為自由而戰
——勵志電影《勇敢的心》裡華萊士的戰前的勵志演講稿
華萊士:Sons of Scotland... 蘇格蘭的子民們
I am William Wallace. 我是威廉華萊士
士兵乙:William Wallace is 7 feet tall. 威廉華萊士有七英尺高
華萊士:Yeah, I’ve heard. 喲西,我也聽說了。
He kills men by the hundreds, 他殺人數以百計
and if he were here, he’d consume the English 他若在此
with fireballs from his eyes 他眼睛可以冒火球
and bolts of lightning from his arse. 屁股會放雷電消滅英格蘭軍的
I am William Wallace 我是威廉華萊士
and I see a whole army of my countrymen 我看到我民族組成的軍隊
here in defiance of tyranny. 向暴政宣戰
You’ve come to fight as free men. 你們作戰是為解放人民
And free men you are. 你們自己也將自由
What will you do with that freedom? 若沒有自由你會怎麼辦?
Will you fight? 你們願意作戰嗎?
眾士兵:- No! - No! - 不! 不!
- No! - No! - 不! 不!
士兵丙:Against that?No! 對抗那?不!
We will run, and we will live. 我們會逃開 我們會活
華萊士:Aye? 呵
Fight, and you may die. 作戰 可能會戰死
Run, and you’ll live... 逃開 能活著
at least awhile. 至少一陣子
And dying in your beds many years from now, 幾年後在床上老死
would you be willing to trade 你們是否願意
all the days from this day to that 用這一切來換今天
for one chance just one chance 為一個機會 就這麼一個機會
to come back here and tell our enemies 回到這 告訴我們的敵人
that they may take our lives, 他們或許會殺死我們
but they’ll never take our freedom! 但他們奪不去我們的自由!
華萊士:Albagu bra! 自由!
眾士兵:Albagu bra!